Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wedding Favors - Great Favor Ideas for Brides on a Budget

When it comes to your wedding budget, wedding favors are often the first item to suffer deletion from your list. They're not mandatory, so why waste precious wedding dollars on these seemingly frivolous items? I had already decided I wouldn't be wasting money or effort on this wedding detail, but my mom reminded me that wedding favors are a great way to thank guests for sharing in your celebration. I conceded.

I soon found that wedding favors are also a fun little extra to tie in the style of the occasion. And If I know anything about today's weddings - it's that they're all about the details. No one wants a cookie cutter wedding, and wedding favors offer a relatively inexpensive outlet for you to demonstrate your creativity and set your wedding apart from the rest.

Just like everything else in the wedding planning process, if you would really like to give favors at your wedding, you can always find a way to make it fit within your budget.

What They'll Cost
Expect to spend around $1 per guest on the low end, and just like any other element of a wedding, costs can always creep up to suit your wildest imaginations

Budget-Friendly Favor Ideas

• Here's what I did for my wedding favors: For my Atlanta wedding, I gave guests cds featuring selections about Georgia or from Georgia artists. The discs costs virtually nothing; and I ordered customized decorative cd labels and holders for a minimal amount.

• Food and candy items are often inexpensive and always popular. Make yours stand out: give a regional favorite from your wedding location - peanuts in Georgia, Vermont maple syrup, or hot salsa in Texas.

• Round up your family or bridesmaids for a fun night of homemade favor-making. Test your culinary skills and make a homemade jam or spread for your guests. (package them in festive customized jars!)

• Even if you have your heart set on a high-end item, save by giving one gift per couple, placed between their dinner plates and tagged with the couple's names (of course, your single friends will each still receive one).

• Get two things for the price of one, and ask your florist to create centerpieces that can be split into tiny bouquets for your guests to take home.

For more tips on favors and accessories, visit my complete wedding favors and gifts guide at Elegala.com - Elegant Galas Made Simple.

No comments: