Friday, June 29, 2007

Budget Advice - Destination Weddings

Q: My fiancé and I would love to get married at an exotic location but were wondering what sorts of costs are involved? Are destination weddings usually more expensive than having one close to home?

~Mary S., Dover, NH

A: Destination wedding are always economical for a number of different reasons, but the main reason is because you have control over every aspect of it, from the location to your guest list. Hometown celebrations can easily get out of control with outside influences (ie., your families) wanting a piece of the planning pie. Hosting a destination wedding says “we want to do things our way.” With the world as your altar, the possibilities are endless so take some time to research the best option for your budget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fiancee and I are trying to determine if we should stay here or go away and get married (destination wedding). I am trying to do a cost comparison but cannot find a 'ball park' figure on a desitnation wedding. We would go somewhere tropcal (belize, cabo). Can you give me an overall estimated cost?