Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Anatomy of a Wedding Invitation - Guide to Invitation Components and Enclosures


Wedding invitations can include a number of enclosures, depending on the nature of your wedding and your stationery budget. (obviously more enclosures means higher costs). Here's your guide to the wedding invitation components.

Outer envelope: Holds all enclosures, formally addressed to the recipient.

Inner envelope: Holds all contents of the formal, third-person invitation for protection during shipping.

Reception card: Specifies where and when the reception will be held - usually included only if the ceremony and reception take place at different locations.

Response card: On which your guests indicate acceptance or regrets. In self-addressed stamped envelope. Make sure to include an RSVP deadline.

Map/Directional: Optional insertion to help guests navigate and arrange for accommodations.

Looking for more? This complete guide to wedding invitations offers even more tips, trends, etiquette advice, and ways to save on your invites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. So cool and lots of ideas to learn. It is worth my time reading this one, now I am quite well-equip since there are still other consideration follows.

Meet Joyce said...

Thanks so much for the awesome tips! I was having a hard time designing the map for my invitations, but I found a really affordable and cool solution that I thought I'd share... http://idoweddingmaps.com/

For just $89, they made a custom map of my hotel locations, reception, and ceremony. They sent it out to me in 3 days too! check it out ya'll.